Cultura is passionate about facilitating programs to help you and your organisation become more culturally competent.
Whether you work in an organisation that requires cultural understanding or are curious to know more about the emerging communities in the Geelong region, Cultura has a workshop just for you.
We have delivered training to many organisations in Geelong and regional Victoria, including Bethany, Barwon Child Youth and Family, Australian Lamb Company, Court Volunteer Group, Home and Community Care providers, and a range of disability service providers.
Training usually runs over a half or full day, can be tailored to the needs of your organisation and is delivered on-site.
Examples of the types of Cultural Training we deliver include:
Culture and Cultural Competency
This workshop looks at culture and values and explores why we are all different. It explores the region’s demographics and the challenges of settlement for new and emerging communities. This session also covers working with interpreters and communicating with people with low levels of English.
Walking the Path of Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Understand what it is like to live in a world of persecution, fear and uncertainty, and why people seek asylum.
- Examines the world crisis and gives context to the Australian humanitarian program.
- Discover the joys and challenges of being settled in a new county.
- Meet local people from both asylum seeker and refugee backgrounds who now call Geelong home.
- Hear courageous stories of making the decision to risk everything for a safer life.
To find out more about our Cultural Training programs, please complete the ‘Get In Touch’ form or call us today on (03) 4210 0000.