Get out and about, enjoy a delicious meal, meet new people and learn how to remain independent in your own home from a lineup of guest speakers!
Café Style Support is a free service for older people of culturally diverse backgrounds and their carers. Held over six sessions, participants will enjoy a delicious meal at a local café/restaurant, and hear from guest speakers who will talk about a service that could benefit them or their loved ones.
The sessions foster social connection, peer support and allow participants to understand and access information and services that can help them to remain independent in their homes for as long as possible.
Topics covered include:
- My Aged Care (national portal everyone must use to receive services).
- The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
- Centrelink Payments for carers and older people.
- The health and wellbeing benefits of social support groups (for carers and loved ones).
- Barwon Regional Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) for funded care packages.
- Regional Assessment Service for CHSP clients to remain at home with paid care.
- Respite Care.
- Cultura Access and Support Worker role.
We can also tailor information to your needs, and we welcome your suggestions around topics you would like to know more about.
Café Style Support groups meet every two, three or four weeks, depending on what best suits the group as a whole, and a large bus provides transport to and from the cafes.
Café Style Support is funded by the Federal Government Department of Health.
For more information about our Cafe Style Support program, please complete our ‘Get In Touch’ form or phone us today (03) 4210 0000.